Cannabis retail stores across Canada are taking precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and keep their employees and customers healthy and safe.
Here are some suggestions for your store:
- Limit the number of customers within the store to allow for social distancing (maintaining a physical buffer of 1 to 2 metres between people to slow the spread of COVID-19)
- Increase your sanitation protocols
- Ensure consistent and proper handwashing by all employees
- Reduce the number of gatherings, and cancel trainings and meetings for your staff
- Limit interactions in store to reduce customer-employee contact; i.e. Delta 9 stores closed their sensory bar
- Cancel business travel and conferences
- If customers are feeling unwell, ask them to not enter the store
- If customers have recently travelled outside of Canada, ask them to postpone their visit until after 14 days from travel
- Have hand sanitizer available at the store entrance and throughout the store
Note: this is not meant to be a comprehensive list of precautions. Licensees are encouraged to consult their provincial guidelines and stay updated on changing regulations as the COVID-19 crisis rapidly changes.
For more information on the COVID-19 outbreak, you can also visit the Public Health Agency of Canada website.